The Command-Staff School „Blago Zadro” is an organizational entity of the CDA tasked with implementing interservice education of officers and it represents the highest form of military-professional education. The aim of the education is to acquire knowledge and skills that are necessary for planning, commanding and leading war and non-war operations in national and multinational commands, staffs, operations in theatres of war, peace operations as well as understanding the correlations of the elements of national power and their effect on military activities in peace and wartime. Missions of the Command-Staff School are the following:
- to master the basic determinants of joint warfare.
- to learn principles of joining forces and theoretical determinants of joint warfare.
- to train attendees to carry out all functional duties in headquarters and staff of the joint tactical unit at brigade level of their service.
- to train attendees to carry out functional duties of a staff officer in headquarters and staff of their service.
- to train students for carrying out functional duties in headquarters and staffs of joint forces in preparation and implementation of operations in theaters of war in all strategic surroundings.
- to train students for carrying out functional duties in headquarters and staffs of the multinational forces.
- to train students in issues of preparing and implementing peacekeeping operations.